keyboard problem

chewy

Wooki Commander
I have a problem with my keyboard. I need the german keymap and put it in /etc/defaults/rc.conf /german.iso
and
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbLayout" "de"
in my Xfreeconfig

Most keys just work fine. except my entf key, the a tide comes, the vertical line key with the bigger as and smaller as keys and the german "Umlaute" I do not know the english words. the o,a,u with the two points above. but those wouldnt mind me for I always write them as ae oe ue.
Please help. It nervs terribly.

Hi

welcom english speaking man ;)
i've a question: why do you need the german keymap when english appears to be your nativ tongue?
and the german "Umlaute" I do not know the english words. the o,a,u with the two points above. but those wouldnt mind me for I always write them as ae oe ue.
What ever, do you have this problem under KDE or what else? In the terminal mode it is impossible to wirte german umlaute also with the german keymap because it's not ASCII compliant.

I hope i had understand your problem correct and my english is not that terrible :D ;)

Cu
André

You don't put the german.iso in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, you edit the _file_ /etc/rc.conf and put these lines into it:
font8x14="iso-8x14"
font8x16="iso-8x16"
font8x8="iso-8x8"
keymap="german.iso"

And set LC_TYPE or LC_CTYPE to en_US.ISO8859-1 (or -15 if you want the Euro sign).

Then in your XF86Config try using XkbModel pc105, this should make the <>| key work.

You say that the DEL key produces ~, this is a problem with your shell not interpreting the DEL/^H/^? Sequence correctly. Please try these keys inside a X11 Editor. (gvim, openoffice, kwrite, etc...)

The same goes for the missing äöü, these probably don't get displayed, because your xterm-font doesn't support these chars (you were trying this inside a xerm, weren't you?). Make sure you are using iso8859-1 Fonts everywhere.

A bit different, but still usefull to me.
You will get: < | > ä ö ü ß
€ and ¢ are only available on the console if iso fonts and keymap are selected.

#/etc/X11/XF86config
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "de"
EndSection

#/etc/rc.conf
font8x8="cp850-8x8"
font8x14="cp850-8x14"
font8x16="cp850-8x16"
keymap="german.cp850"

#~/.profile
LC_ALL=de_DE.ISO_8859-15
export LC_ALL

And check the Keyboard-Configuration in "kcontrol" if KDE is your default Windowmanager

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben